I am traveling to Chicago for work soon and am hoping to be able to squeeze in some me time while I’m there. My schedule is already pretty packed with work-related meetings, but here are some fun things I’d like to try, if time permits:
1. Architectural Boat Tour – this has been recommended to me several times, though I’ve never had enough time to actually do it. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I might on this trip. Bonus: my hotel is right near the launching point.
2. Restaurants – there are so many amazing restaurants in Chicago, I don’t even know where to start! These are some I’m planning to visit for some of my work appointments, but would love recommendations of others I should try if I find myself alone at mealtime.
- Macello – listed in Chicago Mag’s Best Pizza issue… sign me up!
- Twin Anchors – One of the oldest restaurants in Chicago (opened in 1881) and an old Frank Sinatra haunt. Sounds pretty neato to me!
- theWit – This is actually my hotel for my stay (thank you, again, hotels.com) and apparently has a pretty swank bar on the roof. A fun beverage enjoyed while taking in the Chicago skyline? Yes, please.
3. The new Modern Art wing at the Art Institute – I’ve been to the Art Institute before and it’s definitely worthwhile. A friend told me that the new wing just opened last year and is “pretty incredible, and I don’t even like Modern Art!”
I’ve been to Millennium Park before and it’s very fun to walk around, so I will probably do that again.
And, if I’m being honest, I know I’ll end up somewhere on the Magnificent Mile at some point… It’s hard to resist!
I’ve been keeping up with Tara‘s recommendations for Chicago, which could be fun if I feel like just wandering around and discovering a neighborhood.
Who knows if I’ll have time for any of this, but it’s fun to think about!
What would you do if you had a few days in the Windy City?